I love to go to my local Whole Foods Market hot/salad bar for lunch and try a little bit of lots of different dishes. It’s fun to savor all the flavors and it’s great for inspiration. On one such trip I had a kale salad with a garlic dressing that I liked so much I gave my own a try at home and boy, was it a winner! I added chickpeas for contrast and to make it a little more filling and served it as the lone side with some grilled chicken.
This salad is a garlic lover’s dream and is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals as well as the eye healthy phytonutrients, lutein and xeaxanthin. Enjoy in good health!
- ½ bunch kale, rinsed, dried, stalks removed and chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Process the garlic, oil, vinegar and honey in a mini-blender or blender until a uniform creamy consistency is achieved.
- Place the kale and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.