I love creamy soups! They’re so comforting! This cream of cauliflower soup is rich and flavorful with few ingredients and dairy free, although you could easily substitute milk or half and half if you prefer.
There’s very little preparation. Saute some onion and garlic. Add cauliflower, stock and a little nutmeg and simmer for 30 minutes. A little truffle oil added at the end amps up the rich flavor of this creamy cauliflower soup. Then puree with an immersion blender or in a blender.
Pair this luscious cream of cauliflower soup with a green salad and you’ve got a simple, satisfying meal. It’s quite healthy, too, although it seems so indulgent!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy milk, rice milk or coconut milk beverage)
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly gound black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp truffle oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Cut core from cauliflower and roughly chop florets.
- Heat 1 ½ Tbsp oil in a large pot over medium to medium high heat.
- Saute onion about 4 minute until soft but not brown.
- Add garlic and sauté about 1 minute until aroma comes.
- Add stock and scrape bottom of pan to release any brown bits.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and cauliflower and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes until cauliflower is quite tender.
- Add almond milk (or other milk).
- Puree either with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender.
- Reheat if necessary.
- Stir in truffle oil.
- Top each serving with some chopped chives.