I love fresh vibrant Middle Eastern flavors. Fresh lemon juice and zest plus garlic and oregano flavor these simple, tasty chicken kabobs. Marinating, then grilling on low and brushing with marinade keeps the chicken nice and juicy and really brings the flavors out.
I complemented the Chicken Kabobs with an awesome Quinoa Tabouli Salad and a green salad with olives and feta cheese for a simple delicious Middle Eastern themed meal.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- Grated zest from one lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut the chicken into ¾ - 1 inch cubes. And put in a zip lock bag.
- Mix lemon juice and zest, oil salt, pepper, oregano and garlic and pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and toss to coat all the chicken pieces with marninade.
- Marinate 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Thread chicken on skewers.
- Turn grill down to low and grill covered turning frequently about 15 minutes until just cooked through.
- Brush with marinade as you turn chicken in the first 5 minutes.