With the weather getting warmer, we’re firing up the grill a lot more often. Thank goodness! I just love the smoky charred flavor that grilling gives and I don’t mind the lack of dishes to wash either! And it’s not just for meat. Lots of vegetables are great grilled including these grilled cauliflower steaks. They’re brushed with a smoked paprika curry mustard glaze that caramelizes to give the cauliflower a wonderful spiced smoky flavor.
You cut the steaks from the center of the cauliflower in ¾ inch thick slices. Each head of cauliflower will give you 3-4 steaks and then you’ll have the florets from the outsides for another purpose. Simply brush them with the spice paste and grill them on high, cover down about 5-6 minutes per side until they’re nicely charred on each side.
These grilled cauliflower steaks make a great vegetarian entrée paired with a salad or an easy side that you can grill alongside a protein.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- (The curry and paprika can be mild or hot according to your liking.)
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat grill on high.
- Cut bottom off of cauliflower and remove leaves, but don’t cut out core.
- Slice straight down through the center of the cauliflower and then slice down in parallel to that cut making ¾ inch thick “steaks”. You should get 3-4 steaks. Reserve remaining florets for another use.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients to make a paste.
- Brush one side of the cauliflower steaks with half the spice paste.
- Put them on the grill, spiced side down.
- Brush the top side with the remaining paste.
- Put the cover down and grill 5-6 minutes until charred on the bottom.
- Carefully flip with a spatula and grill another 5-6 minutes, cover down until charred on the second side.