I love briny olives and they are the star of this Mediterranean Baked Chicken. You can use Kalamata olives, but if you have a grocery store with an olive bar, go and get a mixture of different olives – it will make this even better!
This Mediterranean Baked Chicken comes together quickly and tastes so good!
This Mediterranean Baked Chicken is a great meal for a busy weeknight. You just throw the ingredients together in a casserole dish, and let it bake for 55 minutes. The result is crispy skinned chicken with a savory wine sauce spiked with olives, capers and artichoke hearts. The flavors are wonderful and it’s so easy to put together.
I recommend serving the casserole with rice to soak up the sauce. You won’t want to waste any of this Mediterranean goodness!
- 4 chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 6 oz Kalamata or mixed olives
- A 6 oz jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim thighs of excess fat and any skin hanging off the thigh.
- Spread sliced onions and garlic in a 9 X 12 inch casserole dish.
- Top with chicken pieces.
- Pit any olives that are not already pitted.
- Arrange olives, artichokes and capers around chicken.
- Pour wine around (not on) chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes.