In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here is a super kicked-up guacamole with mango and shrimp. Classic guacamole is great, but there are so many variations you can do on it and this is my favorite. I was first served this guacamole by an ex-boyfriend of my daughter’s and was WOWed by it! I could have had just that for dinner, it was so good! We won’t mention him by name since he’s an ex, but I believe I have recreated that wonderful guacamole he served.
Using cooked salad shrimp makes the preparation easy. Just a bit of chopping and mashing and you’re there. Having a Cinco de Mayo party? Serve this guacamole with mango and shrimp and you’ll have some very happy guests and lots of accolades!
- 4 ripe medium avocados
- 1 ripe mango
- One 4 oz bag of cooked salad shrimp
- ⅓ cup of diced red onion
- 2 Serrano peppers
- ½ bunch of cilantro (about ⅓ cup chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- Slice avocados in half around the center pit, rotate and pull apart halves.
- Remove pits and scoop out avocado into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Peel mango and chop finely.
- Blot salad shrimp dry with paper towels and chop finely.
- Remove seeds and membranes from Serrano peppers and dice finely.
- Chop cilantro finely.
- Mix all ingredients well and serve with tortilla chips.