Cherries are in season now. I like to keep a bowl on the counter and I find myself eating a few every time I walk by. They’re so good and so good for you, I don’t feel guilty at all! Cherries are rich in polyphenols, phytonutrients that have antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. So enjoy cherries while the season is right!
My friend Katie made this salad for a barbecue recently and I just loved it! She said she went to the store thinking potato salad, but decided a fruit salad would be a nice fresh alternative. I’m glad she changed her mind! This Pineapple Mango Cherry Fruit Salad is so good! It’s naturally sweet and refreshing.
The recipe is very simple – just fruit and a little sprinkle of sugar and fresh lime juice. This Pineapple Mango Cherry Fruit Salad is the perfect side or dessert for your next summer barbecue!
- 1 pineapple
- 1 ripe mango (Katie used 2 but I was serving a smaller crowd)
- 1 lb sweet cherries
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- Juice of half a lime
- Cut exterior off pineapple, cut out core and chop.
- Peel and chop mango.
- Cut cherries in half and remove pits.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with half the sugar and lime juice.
- Toss, then sprinkle with remaining sugar and lime juice and toss again to mix.