Peaches are in season now and a ripe peach seems to have a vibrance that just shouts summer! Peaches are great as snack or dessert, but they also make a wonderful sweet/savory salad like this Peach and Cucumber Salad.
This is a super simple salad that just lets the summer produce shine: peaches, cucumber, red onion and a little bit of mint. We paired this Peach and Cucumber Salad with some chipotle turkey burgers and it was a nice cooling side for the spicy burgers.
Enjoy this summer salad while peaches are still abundant!
- 2 yellow peaches
- 1 cucumber
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- Peel and seed cucumber.
- Remove pits from peaches.
- Chop peaches and cucumber into ½ inch dice.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, canola oil through salt in a large bowl.
- Add peaches, cucumber, red onion and mint.
- Toss all to coat.
- This salad is best if it has a while to marinate. Toss occasionally and let it sit a half hour to 2 hours if you have the time.